Content managers, also known as CMS (Content Management System) are systems used to facilitate the management of websites and intranets.
They integrate all the tools needed to create and manage content in real time without the need to use programming code.
Its main focus is to facilitate the creation and publication of information. Some of them have a lot of plug-ins, i.e., complements that can be aggregated significantly increasing its capacity and functionality.
A CMS is like a skeleton of the website with all the basic features of usability, visualization and administration already fully available. It allows the company to have greater autonomy on the website, eliminating the presence of a technician or expert developer.
Having a efficient CMS - content management system decreases costs with human resources and enables greater speed in updating content, representing an important step toward success on the internet.
BSI develops their own CMS's, whose characteristics and features are customized according to the needs of our clients in order to serve them perfectly.
- Access by the browser: users are able to update and maintain their content through any internet connected computer;
- Ease of use: people with no knowledge of programming codes can create and update content;
- Access control for users: authors receive permissions that allow them to change or not the content present in the website. These permissions are set by the website administrator.
- Standardized design: content is stored in a different location then where the website design is stored, making all pages presented to the public have the same appearance;
- Navigation automatically generated: the website menus are automatically generated as new pages are created. The content administrator can easily reorder navigation;
- Dynamic features: e-commerce modules, forums, search, photo gallery and many others can be added to the website to offer more advanced features and services that are not possible in a static website;
- Ease to update content: the content can be added and modified without the need of a programmer, giving more control and autonomy to the client;
- Cooperation between the authors: the possibility of simultaneous access by multiple users allows and encourages faster updates and systematic review and publication of new pages and content;
- Scheduling content: the content can be controlled by time, determining dates for automatic removal, for example. This functionality allows the site to remain always updated without the need for intervention by the authors.
- Revision and activation: content and pages can be saved for later publication, allowing that works in progress may be subjected to review and approval before being published.